Sr. Software Engineer, Freelancers Union; Brooklyn, NY — March 2011 - present
- Built a secure, redundant, HIPAA compliant, Amazon Web Services infrastructure for COOP insurance companies using VPC, CloudFormation and Puppet.
- Restructured developer operations: installed and administered workflows for Jira-based task management system used company-wide.
- Designed and implemented new Django infrastructure including unit and integration tests, static analysis, and one-click deployment to testing and production environments using Jenkins and Puppet.
- Created Django-Salesforce, a database connector for Django/Salesforce integration; worked with the company legal department to register and open source the code base.
Sr. Backend Developer, OMGPOP; New York, NY — February 2011 - March 2011
- Redesigned game product database administration interface to improve usability and efficiency
- Implemented role-based permissions system for internal administration tool
Sr. Programmer, Anthology of Recorded Music; New York, NY — May 2007 - February 2011
- Designed and developed DRAM Online audio streaming service.
- Implemented AJAX-enhanced administration interface, application-level support for Shibboleth authentication, and import mechanism for importing new audio.
- Trained and managed junior developer through development of new Sphinx-powered search tool, UnAPI metadata support, and other projects.
Sr. Programmer, Reflexions Data; White Plains, NY — December 2004 - May 2007
- Designed and developed a custom distribution of the Drupal CMS aimed towards authors of literary works. Made customizations to enable serving 1600+ sites from a single database.
- Designed and coordinated development on a multiuser presentation platform; client/server software coordinated the display of presentation data on 50 to 100 clients with interactive features and extensive metrics and reporting.
- Primary system administrator for production and development machines, office networking, Asterisk VOIP system, custom backup server, Postfix mail servers, and Plesk administration
Programmer, Farechase Inc./Yahoo! Inc.; New York, NY — April 2004 - August 2004
- Participated in maintenance and development of new and existing data retrievers for FareChaser travel search tool.
- Created Perl framework of harvesting tools, using WWW::Mechanize and HTML::TreeBuilder, including a fail-safe retriever shell to provide additional flexibility over existing implementation.
- Farechase sold to Yahoo! in July of 2004; left to pursue graduate degree.
Lead Programmer, RESCUECOM, Corp.; Syracuse, NY — August 2003 - April 2004
- BlackBerry mobile development, J2ME, fixed-point math